Monday, November 2, 2009

WALKING!! and Halloween too

James is nearly 11 months and he is starting to walk. Yesterday he made a lot of progress so we recorded it! Later in the evening he walked accross the room, but of course we didn't get that on tape! In this video he was holding a cup, which I think was a big help because he didn't want to drop it so he could crawl---his only other option is to walk! Here is a video of a few steps.


(For our record) Some of James' other recent developments are:
  • He throws a fit when he doesn't get what he wants! But is easily distractable and quick to laugh.
  • He can say "Uh oh"...except it comes out as, "uh uh" and he can say, "Bye bye" which comes out as, "Buh buh"
  • He weighs 27 lbs and is 31 inches tall. (He just had a check-up.)
  • Eats bugs when his parents aren't looking.
  • Has discovered water in the toilet.

This is just a cute video of him playing catch with dad. This is one of his favorite games.


HALLOWEEN!

We went to our church Trunk-or-treat and had a great time. James really liked wearing his costume. I think it was because of the little straps to hold the claws on his hands. James won cutest costume for under three year olds! There wasn't much competition, but I'm sure he would have still won had there been more! :) Kyle also was suckered into a pie eating competition...didn't win, but didn't loose his lunch either! What a great weekend!

5 comments:

Austin and Mindy said...

AHHH!!!!! That is so awesome... I love these videos! I cant believe James is starting to walk! FYI Austin and I love watching every video on your blog (over and over again lol). Love ya!

Carolyn said...

I can't believe James is starting to walk! And I also can't believe he'll be turning one next month...he is just getting so big! He's darling.

And I love his costume!

Stephanie said...

James and Hyrum were little twinners for Halloween. Cute boys!

Dawson n' Co. said...

Omy, I LOVE these videos! I wish I got to see this stuff in person, but the videos make it easier to stomache :) You guys amaze me.

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Wow! How time flies! He is so cute... we are going through that "just starting to walk phase" as well... times two. It is so cute and there are a lot of tears and a ton of laughter. You all look great!