Monday, September 22, 2014

Apple picking

We have been doing this with our ward three years in a row! This was the first time hazel got to really be involved. We all had fun and it was beautiful. I think the apples are the best I've ever had. Juicy and sweet and crunchy. My mouth is watering.





Look what I did! I made 10 freezer meals one afternoon with my neighbor! It only took a couple hours and we both now have 10 crockpot meals just waiting to be eaten. So far they have been delicious and sooooooo easy. Yay!!


I've also have endevored to find the perfect homemade all natural granola bar that my family will eat. I found one! It just has dates and nuts and oats in it, and I added chia seeds. One victory for me. In the process of searching for granola bars I found out how to make chocolate from cocoa butter and cocoa and honey. It is a delicious treat that I've been keeping around. I also add chia seeds and flax seeds to that for a crunchy texture. Delicious! On my list for cooking discoveries is homemade ranch so it won't have all the extra junk in it and homemade fruit snacks. I think I'm gonna try to get some spinach into those...we'll see. Haha not the ranch, just the fruit snacks.



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow, good for you Tawnya! I am totally impressed! I would love to learn how to make granola bars and fruit snacks and everything. And your crockpot meals are a brilliant idea!